We carefully screen your pet prior to surgery to be sure that your pet is a good candidate for anesthesia. We offer a wide range of general and orthopedic surgery, including:
- Growth excisions and other soft tissue surgery
- Spay and neuter
- Orthopedic surgery (Specialist available)
- Abdominal exploratory surgery
- Laceration repairs
- Urinary bladder surgery
- Oral/periodontal surgery
We provide the same level of patient monitoring that you would receive if you were having surgery. All pets that undergo surgery at Gibson Veterinary Clinic are carefully monitored and have their blood pressure, heart rate, rhythm, and blood oxygen levels monitored by a specially designated veterinary technician and high-tech equipment. Your pet will receive pain medication before, during, and after the surgical procedure.
Our surgical services and facilities include:
- A fully equipped surgical suite capable to perform most types of soft tissue and orthopedic surgery.
- A fully-trained veterinary and technical nursing staff to ensure the safest, most efficient state-of-the-art procedures for your pet
- ECG and oxygen saturation monitors
- Heated surgery tables for greater comfort for your pet
- Monitored sterilization techniques to verify sterilization is complete
At Gibson Veterinary Clinic we believe in maximizing the comfort of your pet during and after his/her surgical procedure. Proper pain management improves your pet’s recovery and speeds the healing process. We use a multi-modal approach to pain management. A multi-modal approach refers to the layered administration of small amounts of different drugs to minimize any pain that your pet might feel during or after the procedure. Because we administer lower doses of each individual drug, your pet will experience fewer adverse side effects, more complete pain relief and faster post-operative recovery.